7.02.2012

Naked Face Finale

I know what you're thinking: "Two posts in one day?  say whaaaa?"

It's true, and once again it's because my my old blog is being silly/stupid/special (take your pick).

So for those who are new here, I started doing the Naked Face Project 2 months ago yesterday.  In a nutshell, 2 women decided to go without feminine beauty products for 60 days to see if it would change their perspective on themselves and beauty products in general.  They discovered that some things they were using because they wanted to and some things they were using because they were expected to.

Long story short, I decided to try it out.  I went makeup free for 60 days and stopped doing my hair as much.  I was supposed to stop doing my hair altogether but I still needed to look professional for work so I just used my blow dryer when I washed my hair before work.  Most of the time I would wash my hair at night and either let it air dry or french braid it before I went to bed.  Through that process I found out that I don't need to blow dry my hair, straighten it and curl it to look good.  French braiding my hair gave me the waves I like and tried to get through using my curling wand, and letting it air dry gave it a beachy-natural kind of look that I really like.

As far as makeup goes, I found out I am perfectly happy without it.  It took some getting used to at first because I wasn't used to seeing my face without anything on, but after a couple weeks it felt completely natural.  I realized I do find doing my makeup fun so I will still being using makeup for special occasions but it will definitely not be an every day thing.  I decided my "every day" make up routine will be my tinted moisturizer, eyeliner, mascara and pressed powder during the day for when I get shiny.  Today was my first day wearing my every day stuff and it definitely feels weird.  I catch my face in the mirror and I do a little double take cause I'm not used to having anything on.

I'll end with a funny picture I saw before I started this whole thing and I thought it was hilarious cause for the most part, it's pretty true.  I can't say all girls are like this since not all girls wear makeup, but most girls will understand this.  Before I started Naked Face I absolutely believed this and now I don't.  It's not the end of the world if I go out without makeup on and it's not a big deal.  This is the face God gave me and I'll embrace it :)

(with a little mascara now and then ;) )



1 comment:

  1. BAHAHAHAH!! The photos at the end are so dang true! I'm proud of you for doing this process....because you did it to simply see what YOU feel like and what YOU like.

    You healthy sexy thang! Good for you :)

    ReplyDelete